Wednesday, July 4, 2012

3D Stars and Stripes – and GLITTER! Fourth of July Nail Art!


Happy Fourth of July to my fellow American’s!

I hope you are all having a blast today and eating some super yummy food, AND hopefully celebrating our many freedoms we are so fortunate to have! Naturally I had to do my nails MY way, obviously involving lots of shiny and bling! What do you think?

3D Stars and Stripes – and GLITTER! Fourth of July Nail Art!

I like to think of this patriotic manicure as a little abstract, but staying true to my style.  Hopefully in the next few days I will be posting this AWESOME haul on my recent Dollar Tree findings, which I am super excited about. I found so much cool stuff that day, including these stars on my ring finger:

3D Stars and Stripes – and GLITTER! Fourth of July Nail Art!

I just applied them ove a clear coat and my DIY DottingTool for nail art with a touch of clear coat on top to help pick up the holographic stars. I love the texture of them, and they certainly bring a more festive feel to the manicure.

3D Stars and Stripes – and GLITTER! Fourth of July Nail Art!

3D Stars and Stripes – and GLITTER! Fourth of July Nail Art!

I’m listing the polishes I’ve used below, but just so you know, I did several THIN layers of various polishes to get the look I wanted. I'm pretty sure any red and blue would work just as well as these:
  • Blue Base – China Glaze #77034 “Frostbite”
  • Blue Shimmer – Sally Hansen HD #16 “Laser”
  • Red Base – Revlon #507 “Fire Fox” (matte)
  • Red Layer 1 – China Glaze #70577 “Ruby Pumps”
  • Red Layer 2 – Orly #40721 “Star Spangled”
  • Holographic Glitter Stripes (on red) – Sally Hansen #440 “In the Spotlight”
  • Holographic Stars bought at the Dollar Tree

Here are some outside shots in the sun:



Did you do your nails for the Fourth of July? I’d love to see! Leave links below!!!

Love,
The Sparkle Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment